Tuition Hardship Waiver
The Tuition Hardship Waiver provides a tuition exemption to eligible Louisiana students for the increase in tuition along with the cost of the Academic Excellence Fee and the Operational Fee. Students must complete the application and meet all criteria in order to be eligible:
- Students must be a Louisiana resident; and
- Students must full-time enrollment status (12 or more hours); and
- Students must appy for, and be deemed eligible to receive, Federal Financial Aid; and
- Students must qualify for pell grant disbursement.
- The waiver cannot be used in connection with other scholarships that exempt the same fees.
- The amount of the waiver will be no greater than the 10% increase.
Application and Deadlines
- Students must complete and submit the waiver applications to the Financial Aid Office
- Students must be eligible for the waiver by the respective deadlines:
- Fall or Fall/Spring application: October 1
- Spring only application: April 1
- Summer only application: July 1
- Students must apply on an annual basis
- Students must apply for Summer as a separate award period
2014-2015 Application for Tuition Hardship Waiver